You may have heard the news about the intended acquisition of Imperfect Foods by Misfits Market. We’d like to help answer some of the questions you may have about what this means for you as a customer.
What does this mean for me as a customer?
- For now, things will remain the same. Both Imperfect and Misfits will continue to provide the groceries you love, first independently and then, subject to completion of the regulatory approval process and the acquisition, we will chart the path to bring our companies together. We don’t know quite what that will look like yet, but we do know that our combined company will be able to help more farmers, producers, and consumer packaged goods companies reduce waste, and let customers save even more on quality groceries delivered in a sustainable way. No matter what, we remain committed to delivering sustainably sourced groceries that further our mission to eliminate food waste.
Do you source from the same suppliers? Will this change?
- The beauty of combining our two quality- and sustainability-focused companies is that we already have solid relationships with many of the same suppliers and food manufacturers. Because each company has concentrations in different geographic areas, we often have region-specific relationships that let each company tap into the very best suppliers whose food doesn't always make it outside a smaller geographic area. Eventually, by combining sourcing efforts, we hope to bring more of this food to more customers and offer additional regional choices from our handpicked suppliers.
I’d like to know more about the combined company’s mission. What can you share?
- Misfits Market and Imperfect Foods share the same core DNA, so uniting forces will allow us both to double down on accessibility, affordability, and sustainability. As a combined company, we will be able to make an even bigger dent in the food waste problem. Here’s a little more about what we have in common:
- Both companies believe that no food should be wasted—saving food was the founding principle of both companies. Eliminating food waste makes a more efficient supply chain and helps combat climate change.
- Both companies believe that everyone deserves access to quality food, regardless of where they live. We have each worked to create food accessibility through delivery networks and community partnerships.
- Both companies believe that, by eliminating inefficiencies in the food supply chain, we can pass savings along to consumers. This advantage is more important than ever as consumers are impacted by record-high food prices.
- Both companies believe in building sustainable operations. Together, we can make a greater impact on the food system and food supply chain with our complementary operations that reinforce one another.
I’d like to interview members of the team for an article. Who should I contact?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding all press requests.