We’re still operational across the country and our aim is to fulfill as many orders possible while keeping you and our staff safe. For more information on COVID-19 and food safety, please visit the FDA FAQs here. For more information about our deliveries & operations at this time please click here.
We are continuing to do everything in our power to keep our team safe. In our LA facility, where as a result of rising cases in the local community we've seen a cluster of cases, we are providing an extra 2 weeks paid leave to all potentially affected employees so they can quarantine safely and prevent the spread of the virus. We have also carried out extensive on-site COVID-19 testing for all LA employees; while we continue to see a majority of tests come back negative, we will continue to maintain stringent safety protocols and monitor this situation closely. Our team is in daily communication with the LA County Department of Public health, who has confirmed that we are 100% compliant with all recommended safety regulations. Rest assure that we will work tirelessly to make sure our associates are safe and your food is safe. For a comprehensive list of all confirmed COVID-19 cases, please click here.
COVID-19 has altered everyday life for us at Imperfect Foods and our entire community. Our hearts go out to everyone who has felt the effects of this virus. Our top priority is keeping our employees and our customers safe while continuing to reliably deliver the groceries that our community depends on.
This global health crisis impacts all of us, and it was only a matter of time until the first COVID-19 cases started affecting our team, directly and indirectly. In the spirit of transparency, we wanted to share the stringent protocols we have implemented to ensure the safety of our team and customers whenever and wherever this situation occurs:
- We take immediate action to get the affected employee support, including medical care and paid leave (up to 26 weeks).
- We fully and professionally sanitize the impacted warehouse or vehicle per CDC guidelines.
- We alert all employees who might have been in contact with the employee and remind them of our sick leave policy, which includes two additional weeks of paid time off.
- In alignment with our internal policies and CDC guidelines, we instruct employees to stay home if they feel unwell or are presenting symptoms of COVID-19.
The safety of our team and our customers has always been and continues to be our top priority. While there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be transmitted through food, we’re taking extra precautions at all of our facilities to keep everyone healthy.
- Conducting daily disinfection of our warehouses, and weekly full-warehouse deep cleans
- Providing gloves, masks, hand soap, sneeze guards, and sanitizer for all employees.
- Requiring that employees stand 6 feet apart from one another at all times.
- Mandatory temperature checks when associates arrive at work.
- A Wellbeing Champion program in each of our pack centers where one employee per shift is focused solely on ensuring their teammates are keeping a safe distance between each other, and are washing and sanitizing their hands regularly.
- Posting CDC guidelines and company updates at all locations as they evolve.
- Our emergency sick-leave policies - which allow up to an additional two weeks of paid time off - enable our team to do what they feel is best for their own safety and the wellbeing of their coworkers.
- Providing sanitizer, masks and gloves to all delivery drivers
We are deeply appreciative of the heroic work of our warehouse and delivery teams to keep our country fed in a time of need and we are doing what we can to support them. We will update this page as necessary as the situation develops.