If we aren't able to pick up your packaging for reuse or donation, don't worry! There are a lot of other ways you can give your box & packaging a second life!
Here are some ideas for repurposing or donating your box:
Use it to sheet mulch your yard
- Sheet mulching is an easy way to use your old cardboard to build a better garden
- By creating a lasagna of compost and old cardboard, you build a new type of soil that won’t dry out and is rich in nutrients
- It'll also help your soil retain water better and suppress weeds
- It’s an ideal way to help turn your lawn into a garden!
Get crafty! With a pair of scissors and your imagination, you can turn your old cardboard into fun and useful things like:
- You can also use those craft instincts to create a fort for a pet in your life
Organize your closet!
- Sometimes all it takes is a few boxes to finally tidy up those books, clothes, or gear you’ve been piling in the corner
- Try cutting up your old cardboard to create easy dividers for your drawers
- With a little bit of spare cardboard and some creative upcycling ideas, your living space can be more functional and less wasteful than ever!
Here are some ideas for repurposing or donating your gel packs:
For keeping food or drinks cold:
- After-school centers
- Community centers
- Food Pantries
- Boy Scout & Girl Scout troops
For first-aid kits:
- Post-secondary/professional conservatory dance programs or small regional dance companies
- Fitness centers
- Martial arts studios
- Yoga and Pilates studios
- Health clinic/Physical Therapy offices/Surgical after-care
- Veterinary clinics and pet hospitals
If you receive any #2 or #4 plastic in your order, you can drop it off at a participating store where it will be upcycled into eco-friendly outdoor living products!