We're able to offer such affordable prices because we source “ugly” and surplus produce that retail outlets will not buy. Historically, there's been so little demand for this produce that it used to get left behind in the field or sold to processors or animal feed producers for very little. Now, instead of writing it off as a lost part of their harvest, growers choose to sell it to us, knowing that it will go on to feed people. This helps growers sell more of what they planted while feeding more people with less waste, and lets us pass on the savings to you. It’s a real win-win-win!
Articles in this section
- Are you certified a certified gluten-free or nut-free facility?
- Why is some fruit delivered unripe?
- What produce do you sell?
- How far does your produce travel?
- How do I know what’s in season in my area?
- Produce Identification Guide
- What makes the produce ugly?
- Is your produce organic?
- How is your produce cheaper than grocery store produce?
- Does ugly produce taste the same as normal produce?