As much as we would love to, we are not able to source exclusively from local farmers. Our mission and number one priority is reducing food waste, meaning we “follow the waste” and source produce from any area where large amounts of produce are grown and at risk for going to waste. This means that much of our produce comes from California year-round, as that is where over 80% of our country’s produce is grown. We source from near our delivery areas as much as possible, but also source from out of state and from other countries when seasonally appropriate. Ultimately, in order to offer our customers great value and strong variety year round AND fight food waste, we have to source produce from a wide range of regions.
Articles in this section
- What is your Imperfect Pledge?
- What are your sourcing standards?
- Is all your produce local/from the US?
- How many farmers do you partner with?
- What size and type of farms are you supporting?
- Where are you sourcing your dairy products from?
- Which farms do you partner with?
- Why don’t you offer more variety?
- How do you make sure your farmers and distributors don’t sell you produce that would’ve otherwise gone to food banks?
- Why don’t you list your farmers and distributors?