The treatment of our conventional produce varies quite a bit depending on the crop and grower. Sometimes it is grown with a minimal degree of pesticides, and sometimes it comes to us from a farmer who is a transitional grower, meaning that they’re farming organically but haven’t been certified organic yet. The reality is that we work with many different farms, all with different growing practices. If you are very concerned about pesticides, we recommend sticking to the “clean 15” or signing up for an organic box.
Articles in this section
- Are you certified a certified gluten-free or nut-free facility?
- Why is some fruit delivered unripe?
- What produce do you sell?
- How far does your produce travel?
- How do I know what’s in season in my area?
- Produce Identification Guide
- What makes the produce ugly?
- Is your produce organic?
- How is your produce cheaper than grocery store produce?
- Does ugly produce taste the same as normal produce?